Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fairfield Resorts at Myrtle Beach South Carolina: https://www.fairfieldresorts.com/ffr/resort/details.do This week marks the downhill slope to my 40's! Yes this week I will be 35 years old! I remember when I was on a countdown to 21. The teasing of Tammi that she still had 4 LONG MONTHS to wait until she was able to join in on the "club" scene....namely the "Knight Club." Hard to believe that Jerry will be 40 this year. How did we get so old??? and so fast?? I know...some of you are saying that 35 is not old...but it's closer to 40 than it is to 30! =)

Anyway you may be wondering why the picture of the resort is up on this blog. On Friday my family along with the Sullivan family leave for Myrtle beach. We are going away on a 3 night stay to celebrate my birthday and Latasha's big 30! We have the same birthday. Every year we go somewhere (works out that MLK day falls around our birthday weekend so we get some extra time off of work...which we use our time share points to go away with). We have gone to the New Bern resort before and this year we decided to do something different and go to the beach....in JANUARY. Luckily the resort has some indoor pools. Now the funny thing with this is...on Jan. 11th we had a thunder storm here in NC and the old wives tale is 10 days after a thunder storm in winter you will have snow (that is how it worked with Madison...the snow she was born in was 10 days after a thunder storm). and 10 days from the 11th will be while we are away at the beach...how funny would that be...?!?!?!? Let's hope this time the old wives tales proves to be wrong.



2 comments:

Joanne said...

Have a GREAT birthday celebration.......I will be thinking of you on the 18th! I can't believe I will be 35 this year either!

{L}ynette said...

Happy (late) birthday couz! Yeah I feel your pain, I'll be *GASP* 37 in May and my husband is 40 in August. We've got cute kids though, so that makes up for something!