Friday, June 20, 2008

Its hard to believe sometimes that DJ has been gone for as long as he has...he passed away in 2004 and he was in Kindergarten. Chocowinity Primary goes up to 4th grade so this was his class's graduation year. It will prob. be the only graduation that DJ will be a part of. The 4th grade teachers, students and PTO put DJ into graduation (June 9th) for us. They got a huge bouquet of flowers and announced that they were in memory of friend and classmate Derek Sneed. I was able to get 1 picture of them before my camera died on brand new but Cheap batteries! They gave me the flowers at the end of the day to bring home. They are still here in the house but are getting to the point where they will need to be thrown away very soon. I am so grateful that they included DJ in the celebration. It doesn't make up for him walking across the stage himself...but at least he was a part of it. =(

here are the flowers at the podium (just some random woman in front of me....)

1 comment:

momto2boys said...

Awwww! That is so thoughtful.. Not really any words to respond to this post... but I am glad that you posted it... made me happy to see.

(((( BIG HUG))))